Role title – Director of Sales
Location – Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa
Salary – Negotiable relevant to experience
Closing Date – 15th April 2013
• Minimum of 2 years experience at Director Level in Sales & Marketing related roles
• Proven track record of achievement in sales and growth targets
• Experience in strategic planning
• Proven record of Brand Management/Development
• Ability to prepare and deliver sales & marketing budgets
• Strong interpersonal & networking skills
• Experienced leader and capable management skills
• Relevant Marketing knowledge/experience
• Collaborative approach to team work and strategic planning
Scope of the Position
Control, plan, direct and manage the implementation of the Hotel's sales & marketing strategy.
Direct the activities of the Sales & Marketing teams, ensuring that the activities of all team members are aligned with Hotel strategy and standards.
Outline of the role
Develop the sales and marketing strategy for Grand Jersey, plan and manage its implementation, liaising closely with executive colleagues and be responsible for communication of this strategy to the hotel teams.
Working closely with the Director of Finance, continuously monitor competitive activity and implement any agreed changes to the Hotel's s&m strategy.
Take responsibility for the delivery of the annual marketing planning process for Grand Jersey, fully understanding the Marketing requirements of the Hotel, and its required budgetary guidelines, to enable empowered decisions in all rate negotiations.
Liaise with the General Manager to deliver specific hotel marketing projects such as direct marketing, production of sales collateral and advertising campaigns.
Proactively manage a pre-determined number of key accounts/key prospects and other active accounts to ensure maximum yield in line with budgetary objectives.
Proactively prospect new accounts for Grand Jersey and follow the sales process through to convert into 'producing' accounts.
Plan and attend any trade fairs as a representative of Grand Jersey, ensuring that the quality image of the organisation is portrayed, and that every opportunity is taken to promote Grand Jersey.